Hello friends, in this article I’m going to discuss here oracle Oracle 19c Data Guard concepts.
The changes in Oracle 19c Data Guard concepts and administration are listed below
- The process of flashback a physical standby to a point-in-time that was captured on the production (primary) is simplified by automatically replicating restore points from production to the standby.
- When flashback or point-in-time recovery is performed on the production, a standby that is in mounted mode can automatically follow the same recovery procedure which is performed on the production.
- You can enable the Oracle Database In-Memory Column Store and Data Guard Multi-Instance Redo Apply at the same time on an Active Data Guard standby database.
- DML operations can be performed on Active Data Guard standby instances. When an invalid PL/SQL object is run on an Active Data Guard standby database, the object is automatically recompiled.
Oracle Data Guard Broker changes in 19c
These are the Oracle Data Guard Broker changes in Oracle Database Release 19c.
- You can dynamically change the fast-start failover target to a specified member in the list without disabling fast-start failover.
- Without impacting your current environment, you can test how fast-start failover will work by using the observe-only mode of fast-start failover.
- The broker configuration can be exported and stored in a text file, thereby enabling you to create a backup of the current broker configuration. When required, you can recreate the broker configuration using the metadata in the exported file. The new commands EXPORT CONFIGURATION and IMPORT CONFIGURATION are used to export and import a broker configuration.
- New commands are available to set, modify, and display the value of database initialization parameters in a database, far sync instance, or Recovery Appliance. Values set using these commands are directly applied to the database and are not stored in the broker configuration file. The new commands are as follows:
- EDIT DATABASE
- EDIT DATABASE RESET
- EDIT FAR_SYNC RESET
- EDIT RECOVERY_APPLIANCE
- EDIT RECOVERY_APPLIANCE RESET
- SET TRACE_LEVEL
Connect with me on: